The proven and effective voice of organized American Jewry for more than half a century, the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations works publicly and behind the scenes to advance the interests of the American Jewish community, sustain broad-based support for Israel and addresses the critical concerns facing world Jewry with US and world leaders, key opinion molders and the public.
The Conference of Presidents is the preeminent forum for diverse segments of the Jewish community to come together in mutual respect to deliberate vital national and international issues, set policy and priorities, deliberate proactive strategies and take collective action.
The Conference is at the vanguard of engaging America’s leaders and the public to:
- advance the U.S.-Israel special relationship, bolster Israel’s security and prosperity and promote prospects for true and lasting peace in the Middle East;
- reinforce links between Jews worldwide, aid endangered Jewish communities and fight anti-Semitism;
- combat terrorism at home and abroad, strengthen domestic security and safeguard American Jewish institutions;
- build support at the United Nations and end the anti-Israel bias;
- defend human rights of Jews and others and build ties to Arab and Muslim countries;
- build cooperation and coalitions with diverse ethnic, religious and civic groups and other sectors of American society;
- foster international cooperation and promote U.S. national interests.